Monday, December 3, 2007

Maureen Mckee

















Prairie Path Peddler
























Lake Lecco
























Sunflower's


I first saw Maureen McKee’s art hanging at the Dupage Art League in Wheaton, IL. She had won 2nd place for the painting Prairie Path Peddler. As with most paintings, seeing it in person is so much different and of course, better than online. At first I thought is was soft pastel. I was so impressed with her use of color, bold strokes and the elegant and expressive quality of her lines. She describes her own style as abstract naturalism. She has won many juried awards and is a member of The Oil Pastel Society, The West Suburban Artists Guild, and the Chicago Artist's Coalition. Please check out her website here
What do you think of this talented Oil Pastelist?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia!

I like how you're posting other artist's work for us to see. I do like Maureen Mckee's style - the colors and the gestural lines that she uses. It's nice to get a taste of what is going on in OPs here in Illinois.

Julia said...

Rain,
Thank you. I want this site to be a "one stop shop" so to speak of learning OP. What better way than by seeing other talented OP artist's works. There are a lot of Oil Pastelist in Illinois and, I think, she is one of the best!
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Julia