Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Second Painting












Tiffany Quail

This bird is cooked! At least for now. I don't consider this to be done but I have to put it away for a while. I just thought I would share with you. The ability to be able to rework OP by scraping back and layering over can be a blessing and a curse. I did this on Museum Board
and basically started off by drawing a light outline and then filling in with shapes. After my dark shapes were finished I started the detail. It was so challenging trying to interpret feathers and ruffles in a painterly impressionist way. I'm having the most trouble with the middle body, trying to connect it to the rest of the piece. I do feel that I'm learning more about how I want to approach painting with OP and this bird is just one more step in the right direction. Please feel free to give me any suggestions.

No comments: