Wednesday, November 21, 2007

David Berridge
















The Hills of Warren, Arizona with Valerie




















Cypress
Creek










Shadow'd Grasses

I'm very pleased to be able to
feature the work of an artist who I find so talented and inspiring. David Berridge placed 1st in the Oil Pastel Society's 2005 show and has published works in the July 2005 issue of "The Artists Magazine" and the October 2005 issue of "American Artist". He is a self taught artist who began his artistic endeavors 30 years ago. His latest work is a homage to early California Impressionists. The recent paintings show rich, earthy sepia and gold tones, dramatic landscapes and the depth and skill of artists from that movement. Mr. Berridge states on his website "I want viewers to have more than a pleasing image to look at. I want them to experience what I felt in the creation of the work". I think he does. His work is a great example of how the oil pastel lends itself to creating that wonderful rich and broken color. He was kind enough to send me an example of his process and we see that he lays down his initial drawing in sepia. Ive included that here along with a couple of my favorites. Please visit his website here.

No comments: